Location: Work from Home. Will be required to attend training in the Toronto office and required
to be in the Toronto office for client closing days. Will be required to be in the Toronto office 1 to
2 days per week.
Brooks Law Office is growing and we are looking for a Senior Law Clerk with a minimum of 5
years experience to join the team. The ideal candidate is a detail oriented and experienced law
clerk, who is comfortable with all aspects of real estate transactions like purchases, sales and
refinances from start to end. We are looking for a results focus self starter with a key eye for
Responsibilities (What You Will Do)
- Handle up to 25 files with minimal supervision from opening to close of files
- Involved in all aspects of builder projects, related sales and disclosure documentation
- Main point of contact for clients, other law offices, financial institutions, municipalities,
and land registry offices
- Conduct and review title searches and off-title searches, understand and interpret title
searches and draft requisitions
- Prepares all closing documents for signing meetings and lenders
- Involved in the registration of condominiums, closings and related by-laws
- Prepares reporting letters and accounts to clients
- Provide proof of your attention to detail by quoting the first bullet point in this section on
your email application.
- Prepares various documents in Teraview including transfers, charges, easements,
notices, condominium by-laws, discharges etc.
- Organizes and maintains physical and electronic files
- Provides support and training to Junior Clerks and Legal Assistants in the organization
- Assisting with residential real estate transactions (example: correspondence with clients,
file organization, paperwork prep, creating new files)
Qualifications (What You Bring)
- Minimum 5 years experience as a law clerk in preferably real estate or corporate law.
- Working experience handling multiple files with minimal supervision from
commencement to completion of file
- Experience with PCLaw, Unity, Dubsado and Econveyance are preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Takes initiative and able to multi-task and possess excellent oral and written
- Access to a vehicle with Valid Ontario G Driver's Licence for real estate bank runs.
Mileage will be reimbursed.
- Superior written and oral communication skills with specific attention to detail and
- Willingness and ability to work off hours on closing days when required.
- Ability to secure all files in a confidential manner and maintaining strict privacy and
confidentiality of client legal files.
Compensation and Benefits::
- Flexible working hours
- 2 weeks vacation
- Vacation days increase to 3 weeks after 1 year of employment
- 4 personal days
- Benefits provided after 3 month
- Work from home opportunity - 1 to 2 days a week after initial training.
Salary: $50,000 to $65,000
Please apply with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “BROOKS LAW - SENIOR LAW
CLERK - YOUR NAME”
In your email please let us know (in 200 words or less) why you would be a great addition to Brooks Law
Office. Bonus if you address your note to the founder.
We appreciate the time you have taken to apply. Please know that we will review each and every resume
that is received - but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS SATURDAY, APRIL 17TH, 2021